Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dog Days

The last two posts were to help me teach some of the Activity Day girls in my ward. I am one that if I don't write out every last word of what I want to say.... it doesn't get said in a presentation like this.  So I apologize for the weirdness, especially in the second post. But there was madness behind my reasoning.  Or wait.......  (I know how the saying goes).

Life is starting to get busy again. The dog days of summer have almost come to an end. My kids are so excited for school to start. It isn't because they're bored at home...They really do want to start the school year with new teachers and classmates.
As I was registering B for Kindergarten(!!!!) One of my favorite teachers pulled me aside and said, "S has the meanest teacher in the school for his teacher this year!"  I looked at her to see if she was serious.  IT WILL BE HER!!!!!   Oh!  I'm so excited for S.  I haven't told him yet, because I want to see his reaction when the teacher/class lists are posted on Monday of next week. Plus he won't have to wait to know what friends will be in his class this way either.
I just hope Z gets an equally FABULOUS teacher.  If her fourth grade teacher could just move up with her... I think I would eternally sing his praises.  He was so good for Z this last year. He encouraged her and inspired her confidence.  There still were struggles, but what a difference from her third grade teacher!

So glad for teachers who love, teach and inspire their students to be the best they can.     I know it's the parents' responsibility to create a strong foundation, but I have seen what a difference a great teacher, who loves their students and has a genuine interest in them can do!!!

Life is busy, but good.
I need to remember that sometimes.

No comments: