Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hair! Hair! Everywhere, HAIR!!!!!

I've been asked to share with the young women in my ward some info on daily hair care and show them a  few ideas for styles, both for everyday/wear-to-school and a few simple up dos for the dances they attend at school during the year.
I can't seem to find Windows on my husband's laptop (which I am using right now) and so I have decided I would blog about it so I wouldn't waste all the time I've spent this evening looking at photos of potential hairstyles.    I figure I can pull this up while I'm presenting the info to them and browse the internet if needed.  (Hopefully I'll be able to connect to the internet!!!!!)  OH BOY!   
So here goes:


We have a few girls that have ethnic hair.  I looked high and low for styles for them where they didn't have to change their current hair too much.... but there just wasn't a whole lot out there.  Since I know both girls have been known to sport both the longer and shorter versions, I figured I could share both kinds and give ideas for them to use whatever their "hair status" dictated.




Here are a few ideas for everyday hair:






Here are a few that could be worn for more special occasions:








We also have a few girls who could probably teach me a thing or two about hairstyling and they do a fabulous job!  So here are a few styles I thought they might be able put their own unique spin on:


Most of these could really be worn either for school or for more formal occasions.

This one is so versatile. I'll show a few versions of it so you know what I mean.

Side swept bangs
 Bed head with longer bangs

A bit more polished



 But just because the front is polished doesn't mean you can't have fun with the back.



This is a classic!  I love this one and wish I had longer hair for it. It's called a chignon.

You can also play around with it!  Put it on the side, add braids and mess it up a bit, or add an accessory like a headband. You can even simply braid your hair and twist it into a chignon. Super hairdo for when you've not got a lot of time, or when you want to feel a little romantic.


What if you have shorter hair?


 

 

Just a few more


        











Perhaps in my next post I'll blog about how to properly take care of your hair on a daily basis....

No comments: