Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Birthday I-Guy!!! Two years old

We had a great time chasing villains, shooting off bottle water rockets, eating cake and candy and being Super Heroes!

Here are what all the capes and power bracelets looked like:

Everyone had their first initial on the cape (S,P, B,T,I,Z,D and the little bib/capes: M AND G)
The power bracelets had white squares we let each child design and color their own power amulets in with fabric markers.
 Inside the goodie-bag we had lots of candy!  Superhero masks were also included.
 



 These were my favorite favors, I think.  I found the idea here.


Some needed a little help figuring the whole Hero thing out at first
 There were lots of creative superhero poses throughout the day.  These are just a few I caught on film.
Super P
Super T
Super Z

The littlest crime fighters.

Attacking the White-haired Villain

Then the real fun began!  My parents had created this water bottle launcher for their scout troop and volunteered to let us use it.  I think the kids enjoyed this more than anything else.


Even when it launched the bottles onto the roof!



What a cool sky to fight crime under!!!



Once we'd played and got thoroughly wet, we came inside to discover a terrible villain had kidnapped all the superhero suckers and stuck them in the lava! T was particularly disturbed by this.
He kept asking what the villain looked like and how I knew it was a villain.  Of course I made up gave him the best description of the villain I could, but that wasn't enough.  T decided this is what the villain must have looked like:

We then sang to the birthday boy and ate plenty of Tres Leches cake disguised as a Spiderman cake!


What a great way to end such a fun-filled day!

This was the sunset on I-guy's second birthday!
Happy Birthday I ! We're glad you're with us!

No comments: